Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving

This past weekend was American Thanksgiving when we normally pig out on turkey and all the trimmings. This family has a decided "let's do it our way" streak that was evident this weekend. I had 2 requests to substitute something for the turkey. Another is a vegetarian. The left over adults will eat anything (me included). So, this Thanksgiving we had prime rib roast and many side dishes. Everyone said it was a good meal. The company of (all) our children and our granddaughter is what made the meal good, really.
I am thankful for my family and extended families.

1 comment:

  1. Barb really did want turkey for the Thanksgiving meal. I think she was a bit disappointed. Then, again, I'm not sure that the oven could make it through a turkey roast. It is on its last legs. Our new one arrives in just a few days. I'm anticipating a variation of the domino theory to develop in our kitchen. The new oven will prompt us to get new cabinets which call for new countertops which demand a new sink, and which requires a new (fancy) faucet. There goes retirement.

    ReplyDelete