Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Giving

That's one of those things I'm going to work on this year. We do okay by our nuclear family, but that's about it. There are so many other people out there who are important to us and who give to us --- and we are remiss in giving back. We have not yet sent out our Christmas cards, I have yet to send my sister and her family anything for Christmas. (now, granted, they were out of the country for the holidays, but still........), and there were others here in town who gave us/me presents where I just gave them a smile.

I feel overwhelmed. I don't shop that much, so seldom "pick something up" for someone when I see it. When I go shopping I can't think of what to look for. And, currently I'm not organized enough to make anything. I do think of other people, it just doesn't translate into things......

A smile is nice, but in this situation it's not enough. Do you have suggestions on how I can get a handle on this?

Speaking of giving, our niece just gave a kidney to a co-worker! Kate has done a very special thing by providing something to someone to allow him to live.

1 comment:

  1. think about what you'd tell me to do: MAKE A LIST.

    I know, not that easy. My suggestion is this...go to Target and pick up as many candles as you need gifts. The nice candles (in the glass jar with pretty bow). Get some cute, blank cards - and head home. For your long-distance recipients, may I suggest a fruit bouquet? www.ediblearrangements.com
    That way, you don't have to fuss with going to the post office and spending too much on postage.

    The truth is that people enjoy gifts at any time. It's more fun to give when it's heartfelt vs. giving just because you feel that you have to. I think your recipients will be grateful that you even thought of them. So have fun and don't be overwhelmed. :)))

    ReplyDelete