Saturday, August 22, 2009

New New New

Yes, it's August already. Yes, it has been for, oh, 22 days. Sometimes I'm slow on the uptake.

Today I'll talk about the internet: how we get there and where I go. We get there through our BRAND NEW MAC desktop with its amazing 23" screen. I can finally see. Everyone over 50 should get a MAC just to be able to see with clarity. Where do I go on the internet? You may find some of these sites interesting.

Facebook: Yes, I have a fairly active FB page. Mostly centered around family & friends, books, movies and old high school acquaintances. My name is so common that if you want to contact me via Facebook, please just contact me here. It's easier, believe me.

SYD: Yup, a "diet" site. It's an amazing place with lots of tools to use to track what one eats and exercising. It has sections with philosophy and "help". It encourages formation of online community with blogs, private email messages and message boards. It is less than 10% of the cost of WW. Take a look if that's what you're into. And, yes, I have lost 15 pounds so far. My goal is, well, let's say it's down the road a ways but at least I can see the path.

NYT: This is our home page and favorite newspaper online and on paper. (daily, mind you)

BBO: This is an online bridge playing site that I go to infrequently. Gates and Buffett have been known to show up from time to time to play a hand. It works with the MAC which surprised me because I had heard rumors to the contrary.

I am pondering this: Grace

Someday I'll post the blogs I read, too.

Barbara


1 comment: